Immigration Law



F-1 classification allows you to enter U.S to pursue academic studies in the U.S. as a full-time student, which can range from elementary school to doctoral students.

Student must be enrolled in an academic education program not a vocational program and the educational institution must be approved school by DHS. Academic institution includes an accredited college, university, seminary conservatory, academic high school, elementary school and other academic institutions such language training. Student must be proficient in the English language and demonstrate evidence of sufficient funds to attend the school which he or she has been admitted.


M-1 Classification is for the vocational students or other nonacademic programs, other than language training.


  • Student must be enrolled in an “academic” educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program
  • The school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement
  • Student must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution
  • Student must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency
  • Student must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study
  • Student must maintain a residence abroad which you have no intention of giving up.


J-1 Classification allows for students, scholars, experts, medical interns and residents, and industrial and business trainees to enter the U.S. as “Exchange Visitors” in a approved Exchange-Visitor Program by U.S. Government.

Call now for your complimentary telephone consultation or submit a case evaluation online!

Attorney Kerr can provide answers to your questions regarding Visa Waiver Program, Non-Immigrant Visas, and Immigration Matters.

Need Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.